If you are thinking about volunteering, or want more information about becoming a volunteer, please email Meghan Bedrosian, Volunteer Coordinator, using the form below:
ConDFW often receives more volunteers than we can use, but rest assured that we appreciate every single one of you, even if we don’t put you to use. The convention is run by a small staff, and each staff head is in charge of setting up his or her own crew. We will be distributing the names of volunteers to our staff heads and if they need workers they will contact you, probably in late January. If you have already purchased a con membership and you get tapped to work, we will refund your membership at the con.
If you are under 18, please have one of your parents contact us and let us know that it’s OK for you to volunteer.
Here is a list of the areas that might need volunteers and the jobs they may be performing:
- General worker pool: Badge-checkers at doors, gofers, hanging around in case someone needs help. May be assigned to other areas as needed.
- Book Swap: staffing the table each day.
- Consuite: some light food preparation, keeping the room in order. May have schedule slots to be filled around the clock: please let us know if you can or can’t work the wee hours of the morning.
- Dealer’s Room: general workers for running errands and checking badges
- Gaming: General gofers. (For GMing, please contact the Gaming Director from the contact form.) May have schedule slots to be filled around the clock: please let us know if you can or can’t work the wee hours of the morning.
- PR: Taking photographs around the convention. Helpful if you have your own equipment. (Please submit a URL showing examples of your photography.)
- Programming: mostly reconfiguring panel rooms as needed throughout the con, checking the water supplies in the panel rooms, making sure the guests have what they need.
- Registration: selling memberships each day.
Thank you for your interest!